Welcome! Please like and follow me on Facebook! (Click the top left corner box for more info)

Spiced Apple-Nut Quick Bread


I love quick breads (such as banana bread and pumpkin bread), there is something comforting about them...and they disappear quickly in my house. I decided that I really wanted to try making an applesauce quick bread, since I have a lot of homemade applesauce needing to be used. This recipe was based slightly on a pumpkin bread recipe that we love to eat in my house. It helps that I have many jars of homemade applesauce for inspiration.

Slowly, I altered the recipe to get this Spiced Apple-Nut Bread recipe. The wheat flour allows the bread to be a bit firmer, and allows the bread to stay together better when sliced. You can change up the recipe batch to batch with different types of nuts or possibly dried fruit, make it your own.

Whenever I have extra chopped nuts from a recipe, I save them future use. Using a little walnuts and a little pecans was a great combination! I used silicone bread pans, to make removing bread from pans easier. Now mine are a bit smaller than standard sized bread pans, so this recipe may give you one or two loaves, depending on the size of your bread pans.

Please let me know how this recipe turns out of you and how you like it! Have fun in the kitchen, and I look forward to sharing my recipe explorations with you.




Spiced Apple-Nut Bread
by www.KaylasFoodObsession.com

Ingredients:
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup applesauce (homemade, preferably)
½ cup water
2 large eggs
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 ½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
½ cup chopped nuts of choice (such as walnuts or pecans)

Directions:
Preheat oven at 350F. Prepare 1-2 bread pans by greasing/oiling them to prevent sticking one for larger bread pans, 2 for smaller ones).
Combine the following wet ingredients, until combined: vegetable oil, applesauce, water and eggs. Set aside. Combine the following dry ingredients, until combined: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Add wet mixture to dry mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are just mixed in. Stir in chopped nuts. Pour into prepared bread pan(s).

Bake at 350F for 60-65 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out dry. Allow to cool before remove from pans. 
sliced homemade Spice Apple-Nut Quick Bread
Finished bread, being sliced



Comments

Popular Posts